Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Prep for Spring

Preppy Layers

Accessories

JCrew Navy Blazer
Jacket: J.Crew (similar in petite and regular currently 40% off) | Sweater: Arden B. | Collar: J.Crew (removed from a different sweater) | Skirt: F21 | Belt: Madewell | Sunglasses: Hugo Boss (borrowed from boyfriend) | Bag: Coach | Boots: MICHAEL (this season's) | Bracelets: J.Crew, H&M | Watch: kate spade

Whenever spring begins to feel like it's just around the corner, it seems I always get the itch to pull this workhorse of a navy polka-dot skirt out of my closet as soon as the weather seems even slightly inclined to be mild (here it is last spring and the spring before that). Of course, I can be almost certain the it will snow the day after, but I kind of love that about Colorado spring.

P.S. In case your wardrobe needs both a spring update and a winter refresh, J.Crew has a fantastic sale going on at the moment with 40-50% off and lots of new stuff (petite stuff, too!) added to sale. My picks: my closet staple The Button Painter Tee, this Lace-Trim Swiss Dot Top, a work-friendly shrunken cardigan from the girls' section, The Caroline (I'd say size 10 = 00P women's, 12 = 0P, 14 = 2P or 0 regular), and lots of gorgeous coats.

Shop Today's Look

       

9 comments:

  1. I love the collar! Which sweater is that from??

    ReplyDelete
  2. navy and polka dots - two of my favorite things!

    http://mrsjaclynleblanc.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the prints and accessories in this look! Classic glam.

    Love,
    The Hudiefly Team

    ReplyDelete
  4. The skirt is the best! I can see why you love it so much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that bejewelled collar! How creative of you to pair it on a different sweater! Talking about versatility :)
    Congrats on the collaboration with the boutique with your calligraphy on the tshirts! You are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  6. £ 407 for the skirt is a little much i think

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from readers. Thanks for your comments!

If you don't wish to sign in to one of the account options, please feel free to email me your questions or comments by clicking "Contact" at the top of the page.

Please refrain from leaving your blog or giveaway link in the comments unless it's relevant to this post or discussion.