Monday, May 19, 2014

In Black & White

ASOS Petite Sheer Check Midi

31 phillip lim medium pashli

ASOS Petite Outfit
Top: ASOS | Skirt: ASOS | Sunglasses: Karen Walker | Shoes: kate spade new york | Bag: 3.1 phillip lim | Necklace: Ann Taylor | Bracelets: David Yurman | Watch: Michele

Quick post today as I'm just getting back into the swing of things after attending a destination wedding in Hawaii last week. I did a whole bunch of lettering work for this event, and it was awesome to see the results in action (see my Instagram feed for photos of my work and the amazing scenery).

Skipping back to the outfit I'm wearing in these photos--let's talk about crop tops. Love them or not, they seem to be everywhere. I actually own a few, but you'd never be able to tell since "crop top" for most people means "yay, a top that comes down to the top of my skirt/pants and not below my butt" for me. I thought I might be able to find one that looks a little more "cropped" on me by buying a petite-specific version, but the ASOS top I'm wearing here seems to be more of the usual. Although I thought about returning it, the scoop back really sold me on this one. I loved the way it looked with this checkered midi-mini hybrid skirt.

Have any of you found a good petite-friendly crop top (that is at the same time not a glorified bra)? Please share if you have!

       

8 comments:

  1. I think I'm taller than you (5'3"), but my Kate Spade Saturday crop top feels actually cropped on me, but without looking like a bra. It's the one I'm wearing in this post. I'm wearing the smallest size though, so I don't know if that would be too big for you - it's hard to tell what size people are when you're not standing right next to them! Maybe you'll just have to get your crop tops hemmed :) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the tip! I think my tailor will find it hilarious if I bring in a crop top to hem, but I am seriously thinking I may do it.

      Delete
  2. Really loving this B&W outfit on you, Tam! You look so chic. The skirt is so gorgeous. I hope you had a wonderful time in Hawaii. Looking forward to see more pics =) Enjoy the rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. check out this site my link find dolabuy have a peek at this website websites

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from readers. Thanks for your comments!

If you don't wish to sign in to one of the account options, please feel free to email me your questions or comments by clicking "Contact" at the top of the page.

Please refrain from leaving your blog or giveaway link in the comments unless it's relevant to this post or discussion.