Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Winter Garden

Welcome, StumbleUpon visitors! Thanks for checking out my personal style blog, Hello, Framboise! If you like this post, please give it a thumbs-up and then explore more outfit inspiration. Thanks so much! Cheers, Tam





Photos: Katie Derus| Cardigan: Arden B. | Shirt: Abercrombie (last seen here) | Skirt: Express (similar here) | Booties: Charles David (last seen here and here)| Sunglasses: Van Heusen | Bag: Rebecca Minkoff | Necklace: Ann Taylor | Bracelets: Ann Taylor, Nordstrom

I love that lace, flowers, and everything ladylike is so on-trend right now. Longer skirts, nipped-in waists, and feminine detailing help a petite girl like me look more grown-up and sophisticated--something I strive to do so that I'm perceived as a competent, professional woman (who just happens to be small) instead of a high school student who shouldn't be taken seriously. The ladylike silhouettes we're seeing everywhere are so flattering on pracetically every size and body type--from the very curvy to the very boyish--that there's no reason not to embrace it. To add a little interest when I wear this trend, I like to add something that has a little menswear vibe to it, like the grandpa-style shawl cardigan I'm wearing in these photos.

12 comments:

  1. I love the skiort and the beautiful lace detail :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This outfit is perfection! I love everything about it, Tam. It was so creative of you to pair the nude cardigan with this feminine, almost summer-like skirt. It all works magnificently, especially because it's all brought together and super fitted. This reminds me that I need to get to the mall and purchase a button up shirt that actually buttons up ALL the way. For years I have wanted to button it up all the way because I love the ladylike appeal, but since it wasn't trendy I could not find a female shirt that did! haha so now that it's trendy to do so, I can find them. Love love love the ladylike look and so glad there are beautiful ambassadors like you to showcase how amazing it can look!

    xoxo
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the romantic feel to this look! So cute :) The skirt and shoes are probably my favorite and they compliment each other very well!

    www.themoptop.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your skirt, very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the little print of this skirt - so feminine and lovely with how you paired it!

    xx
    pearl
    http://laperleaparis.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your jewelry and those hot shoes! I also admire you for going bare legged when there's snow on the ground :)
    -Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful skirt! I think that cardigan looks great with it too!

    So glad you found me on Twitter. I love your blog, and it's fun to discover this network of fashion bloggers/lawyers. I just finished my first semester of law school myself.

    xo,
    Hannah

    www.chillairandperfume.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it! go the androgynous look! :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree. The skirt is adorable! Love the flower print. Love the lace! Cute blog :)
    Luvv, Leigh B

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really love this skirt, but I think I am even more in love with those shoes.

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great look! I love the skirt

    Following you darling

    Northern style exposure

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love all the items as a separates, however the way they were put together looks old-fashioned and dowdy.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from readers. Thanks for your comments!

If you don't wish to sign in to one of the account options, please feel free to email me your questions or comments by clicking "Contact" at the top of the page.

Please refrain from leaving your blog or giveaway link in the comments unless it's relevant to this post or discussion.