Friday, July 17, 2015

Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2015 Picks


The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale is live and open to the public today! This is a great time to start stocking up on fall necessities before cooler temperatures hit. This sale is one of my favorite of the year because you can get discounted, new-season fall items that will be full-price come August 3. I'm sharing some of my favorite pieces from the sale--which is open to the public beginning today, July 17, 2015 at midnight Pacific Time. (All the photos above have clickable links!)

Boots & Booties

After falling hard for rag & bone's Harrow Booties last winter, I decided to order the Margot Booties, a Nordstrom exclusive, based on their similar shape and style. I've also been in the market for a more open lace-up bootie, so I am trying out the Joie 'Quinn' Sandals. I snagged a pair of Joie sandals on discount earlier this summer and have been very pleased with the style and quality of those, so I have my fingers crossed that these will fit what I'm looking for. If I had a little more money to burn, my next pick would be these classic Aquatalia by Marvin K 'Gianna' Boots, which are weatherproofed for those of us in northern climates this fall, winter, and (sadly much of) spring this year.

And since it's still going to be sunshine and warm temperatures for several months, these simple Tory Burch 'Melinda' Sandals will probably come in handy until October arrives. I'm hoping they might work for my upcoming beach trip.

Bags


I probably own too many Longchamp Le Pliage/Le Pliage Neo totes, but I use them for absolutely everything. I love this fantastic expandable one that's back in this year's sale after disappearing quickly last year during Early Access. It can be zipped from a medium tote back to a larger tote in a jif, and it folds up nice and neatly and can pack into your other handbag or purse.

This lovely Tory Burch Tote would be another great one for work. It looks very stylish and chic, and it looks like I could probably stuff my MacBook Air + a few legal-size files in there without too much trouble.

Jeans


I love rag & bone jeans, but they can be really difficult to find in a size 23, so I was happy to come across these dark-wash Skinny Saxby Jeans on sale in my size. I am dying to get my box and see how they fit on Monday. I'm sure they'll need some minimal alterations, but this brand generally fits my frame well.

Beauty


There is also a good crop of beauty items and exclusives that are part of the Anniversary Sale. This year, I knew the True NARS Lip Pencil Set had to come home with me. These chubby, velvety lip pencils have upped my lip game significantly. I usually wear the NARS pencil beneath as a base look, then add just a teeny bit of Fresh Sugar shine over top for a perfect pout that stays (almost) all day. I love that my favorite shade ('Yu') is part of this bunch. Best bright pink lipstick ever! I also love NARS' highly pigmented cheek and bronzer colors, and this pretty palette gives you a bunch of NARS signature shades for a great package price. I also came away very intrigued by the YSL Glossy Stain Trio, which looks to contain some bold and classic colors.

On the skin care side, the Clarisonic Mia 2 looks to be a reasonable price for this wonder brush for skin. I started using mine six years ago, and it still works perfectly, and I love how clean it leaves my skin. It's a great tool to have in your beauty arsenal, and snagging one on discount can be difficult, so act soon if you're interested.

Accessories


I always manage to find some interesting accessories I want to try. I've been seeing the Frends headphones everywhere when I've been travelling or commuting, so I decided to order this set with both in- and over-ear phones to test out how they sound. If I like them, Frends has all sorts of neat caps you can get to jazz up the earpieces.

I also have a bit of a thing with watches, which I know is kind of old-fashioned in my generation. I wear a watch every since day and feel naked without one. I have been eyeing the kate spade 'grammercy' style watches for a couple years now, and I might cave later on in the sale if they're still there. Since I have a rose gold/platium wedding set, I'm always on the lookout for other jewels with that same combination of metal colors.

If you've found any must-haves from the sale, please share! Once I receive the items (boo extended shipping timeline), I'll try to post some thoughts on what ended up working for me!

Happy Shopping!

x, Tam

1 comment:

  1. The camel margot booties are fabulous. I got them and I hope you keep them and show us lots of ways to style them throughout the year. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from readers. Thanks for your comments!

If you don't wish to sign in to one of the account options, please feel free to email me your questions or comments by clicking "Contact" at the top of the page.

Please refrain from leaving your blog or giveaway link in the comments unless it's relevant to this post or discussion.