Monday, November 2, 2015

Fall Mornings with St. Ives (and Tips to Soothe Your Winter Skin)

St Ives Refresh & Revive Pear Nectar Soy Live Radiantly

The weather in Colorado is finally beginning to feel like fall. Cooler temperatures here mean lots of cold, dry air, and my sensitive skin gets red and chapped quickly if I don't moisturize religiously. With the advent of fall and pear season, St. Ives has introduced their new Refresh & Revive Pear Nectar & Soy products. Last week, I received the pretty package below from St. Ives skincare with a request to test out a couple items from the line.

Over the last week, I've incorporated the body wash and lotion into my morning routine along with my favorite fluffy robe and daily soy latte. The pear scent smells just like the real fruit (not too sweet or overwhelming) and is perfect for the autumn season. The Pear Nectar & Soy line is formulated with pear extract, soy, and other natural hydrating ingredients, and it's gentle on sensitive skin. My skin will often react to harsher formulas, but I've had no issues with any of these products while testing them, and the natural moisturizers have kept my skin hydrated and soft all day long after using both products in the morning.

St Ives Mailer

If you're looking to give this product a try, the body wash is available online and in stores, and it looks like the lotion will be available soon. The size of these bottles is such a great value--I can see mine potentially through the whole upcoming winter, which is no small feat. I thought I'd also include some tips here for my fellow sensitive-skinned ladies who might be reading.

  • Don't slack on moisturizing. Slather some lotion on every day, twice a day, especially after you've just gotten out of the shower.
  • Use a gentle exfoliator to get rid of flaky skin (gentle being the operative word there!). I've been using this St. Ives scrub for years, and it does the trick nicely.
  • Use a hydrating body wash like the one I'm reviewing today to make sure your soap isn't stripping you of your natural moisture and making your skin feel tight and dry.
  • Invest in a humidifier and try to remember to run it every night. I had a bad attack of eczema last year, and the humidifier made my nights so much better.

Do you have any tips for keeping your skin in great shape during the winter? What's your favorite way to stay hydrated? Let me know in the comments below!

x, Tam

Thanks to St. Ives for sponsoring this post. Opinions and content are all mine.