Friday, November 27, 2015

Thankful + Best of Black Friday 2015

Tam + Dachshunds

Hi, there! Hope all of my fellow American readers had a happy and delicious Thanksgiving. I wanted to take a moment to say thank you so very much for following along with this little blog of mine. It is hard to believe I've been blogging for over four years now--time has flown! I am so thankful to have your support, especially when life gets in the way of writing and posting pretty pictures. I'm thankful for all the imperfect moments (like the one in the photo above--I don't recommend shooting outfit pics with two rambunctious dachshunds "helping") that remind me that life is about so much more than beautiful photos and perfect styling.

____________________________

Okay, now onto what you've come here for: Black Friday sales. There are so many great deals out there today, and shopping online means you get to stay in your pajamas, sip hot cocoa, and not worry about battling the crowds at the mall. Here are my favorite sales and some curated picks from each. I'll continue updating througout the day today as I spot more great buys.

Nordstrom: their fall sale is still in full swing, but now selected items are an additional 25% off (so great!). The sale includes the Bobeau wrap cardigan I talked about in my last post, now down to only $29 with lots of sizes available. A couple of my favorite pieces that rarely go on sale are also part of today's deal: the Frye Melissa Button Boots (see my review) and the rag + bone Harrow booties (see my review).


Madewell: get 25% off your entire purchase, including already marked down items. I have my eye on this gorgeous Zip Transport Tote as a potential new work tote and this cute checked cape scarf as an easy one-size-fits-all gift.

Anthropologie: 25% off everything with code SHOPTOIT. An all-inclusive sale like this one is very rare for Anthro! The Carissima Sheath I wore in Paris is still one of my favorite pieces in my closet. I also have my eye on this simple and chic red dress for my office holiday party.

Shopbop: has a spend-more-save-more promo today. If you spend $250, you will get 15% off; $500+ gets 20% off; and $1,000+ gets 25% off. This offer includes all full-price and sale merchandise. A few of my go-to pieces: Karen Walker sunglasses, Clare V leopard clutch, and these distressed J Brand skinnies.


Tory Burch: 30% off if you spend $250+.

ASOS: 30% off everything with code BLESSED. I recently ordered a couple dresses for holiday events: this black velvet beauty and this sparkly one that seems perfect for New Year's Eve.

7 For All Mankind: 40% off full-price items and 20% off sale. I wear the 7FAM jeans I have constantly, and I'm a huge fan of the Slim Illusion Skinny in Stark White--of all the white jeans I've ever tried, these are best fit and most durable (see them on me here and here).

J.Crew: 30% off your entire purchase + 40% off sale items with code HOLIDAY. I'm currently loving my petite Excursion Vest I bought earlier this fall and the Chateau Parka I received last week. These red plaid pajamas are on my Christmas list, and these luxe leather gloves would make a perfect gift. Almost every year, I buy Sean one of J.Crew's men's cashmere scarves--they are amazingly soft and hold up well with wear.


Happy Black Friday!

x, Tam

1 comment:

  1. Love these posts! You're adorable and remind me of me when I was young :-) I am 5 foot nothing and back in the 70's and 80's we didn't have the options that petite women have now, we had to hem our pants, get frustrated trying on clothes, and wear platform shoes all the time to work through it! I didn't realize how short I was until the 80's when flats became more popular! Anyway, love your blog and you do a fantastic job! -- Ruth Robbins

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from readers. Thanks for your comments!

If you don't wish to sign in to one of the account options, please feel free to email me your questions or comments by clicking "Contact" at the top of the page.

Please refrain from leaving your blog or giveaway link in the comments unless it's relevant to this post or discussion.